Monday 12 December 2011

Fitness Challenge: Week 10

One of these weeks I will manage to actually  post on here that there has been no bumps in my week when it comes to this challenge!
I stupidly did some new exercise which I had found that was supposed to be good for losing inches on your hips - squats. And I didn't take it slow or easy I tried to do it the way that someone on a video had said was good for beginners, turns out it isn't that good if you haven't done these sort of exercises before.. I found that I had pulled a muscle in both of my upper legs and that I could hardly walk for most of the week.
I have defiantly learnt not to do that again!

Once my legs were back to normal I went straight back into doing a DVD workout and this time I pushed myself that tiny bit further of doing most of the DVD, about 3 different exercises - the last one I did, Rosemary Conley said this will help lose inches of your hips & thighs... Why didn't I read the info on the DVD in the first place, then I wouldn't have had that problem all week!

This week I am praying that nothing goes wrong and that I can actually get on and do more exercise. Apart from that this week has been ok.

So here are my results for Week 10
Fluid intake - 3/4 cups
Chest - 51.4" (-0.8")
Waist - 51" (-0.12")
Hips - 59" (+1.8")
Weight - 19st 2lbs (+1lbs)

Not that pleased with the results, mainly frustrated because of my hips - they will not lose many inches around there and I am going to try and focus a bit more on doing exercises for that area, also I am going to fill a litre bottle up and try to drink at least 2 of these.

1 comment:

  1. The tricky thing about exercise for one specific area of the body is that it will only burn intramuscular fat. The layer of fat above the muscle, which makes us look all soft, is not affected by this. In fact, many people report that once they started doing ab workouts, their belly looked bigger because the muscles underneath the fat were growing. But any kind of exercise is good, and if you find something you enjoy (or at least don't mind doing), stick with it!

    ReplyDelete