Saturday 1 October 2011

Fitness Challenge: The Plan

Each week of the Fitness Challenge the host will be giving us all a mini challenge to do, and as it is the first week she has done just that.
Basically there were 3 things to do in this mini challenge, the first to take a before photo (which I will post at the end of the 3 months), the second was to weigh and measure ourselves and lastly was to make a plan for our self for the 3 months.

Which I have done and it is:
  • Eat more fruit and veg
    I hardly eat any veg or fruit at all, I have always found it boring and I am not too sure why. There is one veg that I will always eat and that is carrots, we always have some in the kitchen, always. But when it comes to fruit, I hardly have it in.

  • Try to do an half an hour - hour exercise a day
    Whether that is half an hour walk and then do some exercise on the Wii. I do have to be careful with myself because of my conditions as well the size of myself and I don't want to rush things, so I am taking this steady with no running or anything similar to that which could really hurt my knees.
    If I cant get on the Wii I will try and make sure that I can do one of the exercise DVDs that I have.

  • Drink more fluids
    Now this is something I really, really need to do. I am lucky if I have about 3 cups/pints of fluid a day, some days I can go with only 1 cup of fluid. I don't want to force the drinks down me so I will be taking this steady, but at the end of these 3 months I do want to be able to drink a lot more than 1 cup.
  • Eat smaller portionsAlso if I feel as if I am hungry have a drink or get some fruit. I also need to learn to say "no" when it comes to extra added to my plate. I love food and I feel like I have a close bond with food after always going to it when I was younger when I was upset. I need to learn to distance myself from it, but at the same time enjoy what I eat without feeling guilty.

My measurements and weight:

Chest - 54.8"
Waist - 54"
Hips - 59"

Weight - 19st 7lbs
Goal weight - 18st
It may be only a small amount that I am wanting to lose, but I feel that it would be safer and easier for me to make sure that I am going at a steady weight loss. I don't just want to lose weight and be able to fit in smaller size clothes, I want to feel and be healthy.

    5 comments:

    1. Can't wait to see you change and get strong! Good luck and blessings!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Smaller portions are always good, aren't they? Now if I could only remember that when I'm on one of my Italian bread binges *sigh* They don't happen often, but when they do, oh my!

      Read you around!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Good luck!
      And what is the "link" thing they're writing about?

      ReplyDelete
    4. You will break your goal of 18st if you can stick to your fitness goal and watch your portion sizes! We are all here for you and if you want some ideas on food and fitness come visit me. I'm looking forward to keeping in touch and seeing how you are doing! YOU CAN DO IT!

      ReplyDelete
    5. Just wanted to wish you good luck!
      We can all share tips & ideas as we support each other with our fitness challenge. You've set yourself some great goals. I look forward to seeing your progress. You will do it! :)

      ReplyDelete