Monday 7 November 2011

Fitness Challenge: Week 5

These past few weeks have started to get rocky for me, things are starting to make me not concentrate as much on this fitness challenge as much I was at the beginning. This is where the hard work really starts and I am realising this was my problem in past attempts to lose weight.
I just to get side tracked or just get bored with it and go back to the old way of eating with hardly any exercise.
I am really trying to stay focused and I am always pleased with myself for not giving in to have huge amounts on my plate or having a lot of treats. To be honest I have been nibbling on the treats all this week, sometimes I have more than one..But it was my fault considering I made some chocolate fudge, to see if I could make it and see if it would be good enough for a present for my father. Having it in the fridge and seeing it all the time my mind keeps telling me its ok, you can have one small piece it wont hurt. But that seems to be happening every single day at this moment.
Normally these sort of treats would probably be gone in 1/2 maybe 3 days, at the moment they have lasted a couple of weeks which is pretty awesome.

I haven't been doing that much exercise, the cold weather is starting to come in and there is ice covering the paths and so I am a little bit worried of leaving the house, but I have been taking the dog out most days so I have been making sure I am doing a little bit of exercise. This is where I know that the DVD workouts will come in use more often now.

I haven't been able to do the mini challenge for week 5, but I will be hopefully doing that for week 6 along with the new mini challenge...Although my fruit and veg intake has increased and I am starting to enjoy the stuff as well :)

So here are my results for Week 5:
Fluid intake - 1/2 cups
Chest - 51" (+0.06")
Waist - 51.12" (+1.01")
Hips - 58" (-0.10")
Weight - 19st 0lbs (no loss)

Really not happy with my fluid intake and really need to make sure that I start to drink more again. I am really pleased to see that I have not gained anything this week within my weight. I know it isn't all about the number of the scales but for me I really need to get that number down and safe as possible as it shows that I am way over what someone my height and age should be, and I could be in a danger zone.
This time with this challenge I will get to the goal I have aimed for or at least learn and become more healthy so I can continue on with this to lose more, so I am in better health and shape.

1 comment:

  1. Losing larger amounts of weight is difficult, exactly because of the long period of time it takes. No one should have a problem losing 2-5lbs, it only takes a few weeks. Losing 20 or 50lbs, on the other hand... it soon becomes boring, and there is so much life happening and getting in the way. Sometimes it is easier to break it all into small chunks with pending rewards (a trip to the movies every 5lbs or such).

    ReplyDelete