Monday 7 November 2011

Makeup Buying Ban Week 60

I can not believe it has been over a year since I first started this challenge, I have managed to finish one item completely and there is 2 items which is almost finished.
Not really that happy that I have only managed to use up only 1 item through a year.
I think this is just because I am starting to really want to buy makeup now.

But there is no way that I am going to quit this challenge now, I am determined to get most of my makeup used up.

The item that I managed to finish was Maybelline Dream Mousse, 04 Heavenly Blue.
I was so disappointed with this as it was not what I was expecting. When I first saw this I thought it was going to have this lovely pigment, wouldn't have that heavy feeling on the eyes and would be smooth to apply. While it was not heavy on the eyes, the pigment was hardly there, it would take about 3 swipes to actually get some sort of colour and even then it wasn't really that flattering as it had some shimmer to it and so with each layer I was adding to try and get colour I was adding more shimmer to my eyes, which I didn't really like.
I couldn't apply it with a brush and my adding it with my fingers wasn't working either. Plus it didn't apply that smoothly for me.
I am just glad that I had bought this when it was only a £1, I would never have payed the full price for it and I would never buy this again to be honest.
The only good thing about this is that at the end you can keep the empty jar and adding some other product to it.

1 Swipe of Maybelline Dream Mousse

2 Swipes of Maybelline Dream Mousse



As I was search through my makeup bag to see what eyeshadows I had to start using, I found some Face UK eyeshadows, I had to throw these out as they were over 5 year old and when I was trying to do swatches of them, it was going clumpy and I didn't want to take a chance of applying that to my eyes.
I am trying to hold back on using my ELF eyeshadows as I want to save them to last, just because I love them.

So the eyeshadows that I am now starting to use are Go Cosmetics and W7 Cosmetics.


(L-R) Go Cosmetics -05 & 14. W7 - 03 Toffee, 06 Bamboo



(L-R) Go Cosmetics -05 & 14. W7 - 03 Toffee, 06 Bamboo
From the first look at these swatches it doesn't really seem like they are going to be that pigmented, but the two more neutral colours would probably be good for a highlight. I did swatch 06 Bamboo a few times but it wasn't really changing with each layer.
Go Cosmetics 14 would probably be a good duplicate for the Maybelline Dream Mousse.

For the rest of the face I am using; ELF Natural Radiance Blusher in Glow, Collection 2000 3 in 1 foundation, Avon Lipstick and Rimmel Glam Eyes mascara (couldn't seem to find a name for the colours on the foundation and lipstick)

No comments:

Post a Comment