Tuesday 25 January 2011

My ELF Collection - Face

To be honest, I don't own that much products for the face area as I am always nervous when applying anything to my face, my eyes and lips are fine, I pretty much know what I am doing with them two areas. It is just applying blush/bronzer, foundation, concealer etc.Which I am pretty much clueless about, although I have been learning more and understanding what is my right colour to use for foundation and concealer. I do have a few face products which I will show you.

Blush
(L-R) Glow, Innocence

I did clean these honest I did! But it is easy for them to get messy all over again.
These are the Natural Radiance Blusher, they feel like talc powder and go on very smoothly, the only problem with them is that they are too powdery (as you can see in the photo), they can get very messy easily, not on the face, once applied it looks very beautiful and you can build it up to achieve the right colour for your own taste which is brilliant. But it does get very messy when it is opened, when you put your brush in there, if you drop it, it tends to go like what it shown in the photo - Well that is what I have found.
But for £1.50 I don't think it is a waste of money at all.

Glow

Glow

Innocence

Innocence

Concealer

I had bought these back when they had only a few selection (the fair, light, medium), so I didn't really know which colour would suit me the best - none suited me as when I received them they were too dark for my skin colour. But I still kept these, sometimes I use them just like primers for my eyes, or lips. Or even if and when I do get a little bit of a tan I could apply this in some areas, but I mainly use them for primers.
The all over color stick is a bit more thicker than the tone correcting concealer, sometimes I don't like this product at all because it is too thick and sometimes makes me feel as if I am wearing loads of makeup, but other days I feel it is really good.
I cant really say anything about the tone correcting concealer as I have hardly worn it sadly, but the times I did wear it I was happy with the out come, over all I think I would choose the tone correcter over the all over stick. Although with the all over color stick you get to choose how much you apply to your face, which is a good thing.
Maybe I could do a better review when I am able to get the right colour for my skin and understand it more better..
Both of these products are £1.50 each.

All over color stick - Apricot Beige (fair)

Tone Correcting Concealer - Apricot Beige (fair)

All over color stick(s)

These are so good if you want that tiny bit of makeup, but don't want to look like you are wearing that much. They just seem to add that tiny bit of glow to either your cheeks, eyes or lips. The colour doesn't show that well, but like some of the ELF products you can always build them up til you have the right amount of colour etc. They don't feel sticky either when they are applied to your face, which is really good as well.

The only problem I had with one of them was, that I turned it too far up and it wouldn't go down and down it looks bad. It managed to go down when I put the lid on it, some of it stuck to the lid but as long as I got it back inside that was the main thing, so whatever you do, don't do what I did and turn it all the way to the top until it clicks and you realise you have gone too far!
Anyways, these are a very handy product to have. They cost £1.50 each.

Lilac Petal

Lilac Petal

Persimmon

Inside of the lid

Persimmon

1 comment:

  1. Great products and colors! I love your blog!!!! Following :)

    ReplyDelete